Evaluation fees are $175.00 per hour which includes testing, interviewing, feedback, and report development. There can be a charge for review of records and history if this is extensive.
- The average cost of a comprehensive developmental evaluation including cognitive and academic assessment is about $1200 to $1500.
- The average cost of a complete neuropsychological evaluation is about $1600 to $2000.
- Consulting with school and others involved in a child’s care is billed at $150.00 an hour. Attendance at a school meeting typically costs $300.
- A consultation with parents to review previous testing and development recommendations typically costs $200.
- Client telephone calls and consultations with other professionals for less than 10 minutes are without charge.
- An estimate of the fees will be given during the initial phone interview. No additional testing will be done without prior consent.
Although coverage for learning disability evaluation is rare, neuropsychological evaluation after neurological illness or accident may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Payment directly by the insurance company will only be considered if there is a medical diagnosis indicating a neurological disorder (e.g., seizure disorder, head injury) and if the evaluation has been pre-authorized by your insurance company and an authorization number has been given. If your insurance company insists that pre-authorization is not necessary, have them put that in writing. Without written pre-authorization, it is difficult to determine insurance coverage. Families will need to plan for payment at the time of the evaluation. I will assist families in making insurance claims for their own re-imbursement.
Payment by the school district
If your child's school district has agreed to pay for the evaluation, a copy of the final report will be released to the district.
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis. Please discuss this with me during the initial phone interview.
Cash, check and most major credit cards accepted for payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the cost of the assessment time ($300).
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.